Sunday, December 5, 2010

What again?

Yes... yes... again. Look, I can't help it. It crawls under your skin. Like a little itch at first. "I need a little more room." Scratch. Itch... "How about keeping the boat fuller through the transom?" Scratch. Itch... "Yeah, a little bit of vee in the front." Scratch. Itch... "But keep the bow high for the waves." Well, you get the drift. So, what is one to do? I needed to find my Calamine Lotion and that comes in the form of a boat designer. I turned to Jeff Spira of Spira International. I have built 2 of his boats in the past and have complete confidence in his designs. For me it is simple. I like plywood on frame boats. So, Jeff and I started our journey in developing a design that will work as an inshore/near shore boat with a shallow draft as well as a boat that I can use on lakes and rivers. Oh, by the way, I wanted it to fit on my existing trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment